Effective as of January 1, 2020
Last Updated August 7, 2023
LeMans is a U.S.-based wholesale distributor of aftermarket replacement parts and accessories for the powersports industry. As a distributor, LeMans does business as Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties. In addition to distributing products bearing third party trademarks, LeMans also distributes products bearing its trademarks such as “PARTS UNLIMITED®,” “DRAG SPECIALTIES®,” “SLIPPERY®,” “THOR®,” “THORMX®,” “MOOSE®,” “MOOSE RACING®,” “MOOSE UTILITY DIVISION®,” “MOOSE ATV HUNTING PRODUCTS®,” “PYTHON®,” “ICON®,” “Z1R®,” “ARCTIVA®,” and “AMS® Tires.”
We collect personal data from you through your use of the Site and Services. Personal data is information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an identified or identifiable individual. We collect the following types of personal data:
Personal Data You Provide
Depending on how you interact with our Site and Services, we will collect the following personal data that you voluntarily provide to us for the following purposes:
- Create an Account. If you create an account, you will provide us with your first and last name, email address, password, and account preferences.
- Sign In. When you sign into your account, you will provide us with your username and password.
- Newsletter. When you sign up for our newsletter, you will provide us with your email address and may provide us with your first and last name, zip code, and date of birth.
- Request a Print Magazine. When you request a print magazine, you will provide us with your first and last name, email address, and physical address.
- Find a Store. When you use our dealer locator, you may provide us with your zip code or city.
- Become a Dealer. When you apply to become a dealer, you will provide us with your name, your business name, form of your business entity (corporation, LLC, partnership, etc.), phone number, email address, home address, business address, federal employer identification number, bank account information, business license, tax exempt resale certificate, photos of your business location, and signature.
- Become a Rider. When you register to become a rider we sponsor, you will provide us with your first and last name, email address, phone number, and any other personal data that you may voluntarily provide in your application materials, including in a cover letter, proposal, photos, and any other supporting materials such as your physical address, age, and, if you are a minor, the name(s) of your parent(s)/guardian(s). Upon becoming a rider we sponsor, you might provide us with other personal data such as a tax payer identification number, a copy of your driver’s license or birth certificate, photos and competition finish results.
- Busted & Broken Badge. When you tell us your story to receive a Busted & Broken Badge, you will provide us with your first and last name, email address, age, physical address, and may provide us with your phone number, photos, and any other personal data that you may voluntarily provide in sharing your story.
- Rider Support. When you apply for sponsorship, you will provide us with your first and last name, email address, physical address, phone number, date of birth, educational information (e.g., grade level and GPA) and any other supporting materials and, if you are a minor, the name(s) of your parent(s)/guardian(s). You also will be asked to provide other information such as your top racing accomplishments, current sponsors, current series/districts, and reference information. When you log in to your rider support account, you will provide us with your username, password, and dealer code. Upon becoming a rider that we sponsor, you might provide us with other personal data such as a taxpayer identification number, a copy of your driver’s license or birth certificate, photos, and competition finish results. We do not collect this personal data directly from individual under 13 but rather through a parent or guardian.
- Contact Us. When you send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, request for customer support, or interact with our Sites or Services in any way, including through email or social media channels, we will receive your first and last name, email address, phone number, and any other personal data that you may voluntarily provide, including your phone number. If you contact us regarding a specific product you purchased, you might voluntarily provide us with photos, and any other personal data that you may voluntarily provide.
To review or request changes to any of your personal data, please contact us at Privacy@Parts-Unltd.com.
Personal Data as You Navigate Our Sites
- Usage Information. For example, the pages on the Sites you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Sites.
- Device Information. For example, hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the Sites are accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from visitors to the Sites on a city-regional basis.
For more information on our cookie usage see our “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” section below.
Personal Data We Collect About You from Other Sources
In some cases, we may receive personal data about you from other sources. This includes government entities, operating systems and platforms, and business partners.
In addition to the purposes stated above, we may use all the personal data we collect in accordance with applicable law such as to:
- Review your job application;
- Process your dealer application;
- Process your rider application;
- Issue you a Form 1099-MISC for product or payment we sent to you;
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Communicate with you about our Sites or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Sites or Services;
- Maintain and improve our Sites and Services;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Sites and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it;
- For any purpose that is reasonably necessary to or compatible with the original purpose for which we collected the personal data as disclosed to you; and
- Comply with applicable law.
We may share the personal data that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With vendors who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.), including data analytics providers and advertising networks;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third party’s legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal data;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Sites and Services to your individual needs;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
- Recognize when you return to the Sites.
You can block Cookies by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
We do not engage in “sales,” or “shares,” as those terms are defined under applicable laws and therefore our Sites do not recognize the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) signal. For more information and to download and use a browser supporting the GPC browser signal, click here: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/orgs. If you choose to use the GPC signal, you will need to turn it on for each supported browser or browser extension you use.
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personal data we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
The Sites may contain links that will let you leave the Sites and access another website. Linked websites are not under our control. We accept no responsibility or liability for these other websites.
The Sites and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal data from children under 13 without prior parental consent.
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to another person. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. You may send opt-out requests to Privacy@Parts-Unltd.com.
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern. For purposes of this “Notice to California Residents” section we will refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
If you are a California resident and a current or former employee, job applicant, or independent contractor of ours, please see our privacy notice available here for more information on our collection and use of your Personal Information in that capacity.
Notice at Collection of Personal Information
- Identifiers (name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, other similar identifiers (social media accounts))
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, or other similar technology)
- Personal information described in California’s Customer Records statute (California Civil Code § 1798.80(e)) (signature, telephone number, bank account number as well as the categories listed in “Identifiers” category above)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (gender, age (40 and older))
- Commercial information (records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered; other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
- Visual information
- Education information
- Sensitive Personal Information. Personal Information that reveals a consumer’s Social Security number, driver’s license number, state identification card number; account log-in, financial account number, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; precise geolocation
We collect Personal Information directly from California residents business partners, and data analytics providers. We do not collect all categories of Personal Information from each source.
In addition to the purposes stated above in the section “How We Use Your Personal Data” we currently collect and have collected the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us, provided that your Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction with us
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments
- Providing advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising, to you provided that, for the purpose of advertising and marketing, our service providers and/or contractors shall not combine the Personal Information of opted-out consumers that the service provider or contractor receives from us, or on our behalf with Personal Information that the service provider or contractor receives from, or on behalf of, another person or persons or collects from its own interaction with you
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Advancing our commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
Disclosure of Personal Information
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Cookies, beacons, pixel tags, or other similar technology||Data analytics providers; business partners|
We disclosed Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Providing customer service
- Providing advertising or marketing services
- Inducing another person to buy products, goods, property, information or services
We do not sell or share the Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age without affirmative parental authorization. We do not collect or process sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about individuals and, consequently, do not collect sensitive Personal Information or use it for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, such as to provide you with the service you have requested, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, contractual, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information (if applicable), the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information (if applicable), and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The right to delete Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you;
- If we sell or share Personal Information, the right to opt out of the sale or sharing;
- If we use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, the right to limit our use or disclosure; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights the CCPA confers.
How to Submit a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
You may submit a request to know, delete, and/or correct through our interactive webform available here or by calling us toll free at 1-888-606-6443.
If you submit a request to delete online, you may be asked to confirm separately that you want your Personal Information deleted.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request.
We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure, deletion, or correction as applicable. To do so, we will ask you to verify data points based on information we have in our records concerning you.
Shine the Light Law
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Sites or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please contact us via any of the following methods:
3501 Kennedy Road
PO Box 5222
Janesville, WI 53547-5222